Day 11 – Christmas Eve

24/12/16

Much better news at the ward round this morning. Arlo’s infection markers haven’t risen at all and his stomach looks a little better this morning so they’re fairly sure he doesn’t have nec. Huge huge relief. He’s been much more stable respiratory over night and is still quite happy today. The nurse looking after him has told us to go home and be with our older boys. She says he’s stable enough that we don’t need to be camped out here tonight. Second huge relief. Christmas had snuck up on us a bit. I kept vaguely thinking about xmas eve, and if we’d be able to go home or not, and then dismissing it as a bridge we’d cross when we came to it. Luckily it seems Arlo has made that decision for us and given his blessing for us to go home for a while and be with his brothers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s